Saturday, May 19, 2007

more good news...

we've had the final results back from the amnio 3 weeks ago - all clear. I know we agreed to the amnio, and at the time it was something we wanted done because of the diagnosis of the heart problem but I really do feel like we've been through the medical mill. My hope and dream at the moment is that when the baby is born they find no atresia and only a minor heart problem, as at this stage the doctors admit they can't really say how serious the heart condition - it could be very serious or it could be remain stable and be fixed over time. I may be deluding myself with this but I have to believe that I will be bringing my baby home.

The best I can do at the moment is try to relax as much as possible, stay as stress-free and rested as I can to give my baby the best chance it has of being able to grow big and strong. I feel sad that I'm no longer working but I know it's for the best and I have to do everything I can to benefit my baby.

Now I just have to plan for a birth in hospital. It is unlikely I'll be able to use the pool and I'm pretty sure they will want me to have CEFM which means I can't use a TENS machine but I hope to be able to get answers to these questions in the next few weeks so I can prepare properly for the birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home